Contributors

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day off for more CGC Practice

For our day off, we've already gotten up, gone biking for 2/3 of a mile, and had breakfast, Ferguson's being dispensed by his purple egg treat ball.

He's now solely on Nature's Domain, but you'd never know he didn't like it in the past. He gobbles it down happily with no second thoughts. Additionally, he seems to have a lot less gas on this diet, and more solid stools. I love win-win situations :).

Later this afternoon, I'm hoping we'll make it down to Rockville for the last few minutes of the Canine Good Citizen class as we were invited. The instructor suggested we bring him to get him used to the environment and to do a rundown of the commands, also for the instructor to give us any suggestions for things to work on. I am still confident in Ferguson's abilities, all with the exception of the supervised separation still. But he will be far more likely to succeed after practicing a few times in the same place as the actual test. We'll give it a try.

I'm still so proud of him for his ability to be left alone...it has taken a lot of stress/worry off of me, knowing he's content and quiet :).


^Kind of like this, but, you know, a greyhound. (Sorry guys, I get delayed in my picture uploads).

3 comments:

Hiking Hounds said...

Well that's a cute picture even though it's not a greyhound.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Good luck in your CGC test!

Kini_pella said...

Thanks!!! I'm hoping for him to take it this coming Monday...we'll see how he does!