Contributors

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Meet Winry (fka "Sassy")

So, if you couldn't have guessed, we failed with "Sassy." The dog is just too perfect and exactly what I wanted when I originally wished for a greyhound. Not that Ferguson is NOT; he is wonderful all in his own ways, but Winry is what I had envisioned for months. The name alone will take some getting used to for all of us, but the dog just has no Sass in her, and "Sassy" is just so common. Winry is the name we had originally picked out, as you may know if you've been following my blog for some time.

Not only is she not a bit snarky, she is only two years old and quite sane, mellow, and easy-going. She sleeps a lot, is self assured enough to happily be left alone pretty much anywhere, and is cute as a button. Clever little thing too; understood the "down" thing within two tries of waiting for dinner. She's cute, because you can see her little brain kogs working away when she thinks. Anyway, she loves stuffy toys, has been quite good with my parent's Westie, and pretty much has no real flaws. Walking on a leash is the only thing, but I am SO spoiled with Ferguson, world's greatest dog on leash. She knows to not pull though and is getting much better with distractions.

Without further adieu, I present to you my new hound (and the last for quite a while), Winry!





And, Ferguson will now have a pal always.

5 comments:

houndstooth said...

Winry is adorable! Cute as a button definitely describes her well! I hope you will have many happy years together. Congratulations!

Hiking Hounds said...

Yay, you have your Winry!! When I dreamed of my first greyhound, years before I got Zephyr, it was a girl named Carmen. Someday she'll come. Winry is adorable. She kind of looks like a puppy, at two I guess she basically is. She is stunning in her sweater. I bet Ferg is so happy to have her too. :-)

Sue said...

She's lovely.

genji said...

What a cutie pie. And not wild and crazy at 2 years old. She does sound perfect.

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Well done on finding the perfect match for you all:) Winny looks totally gorgeous and I love her sweater, very stylish.