Contributors

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Brief Update...All Apologies!

Things here have been chaotic, and when they weren't, a computer was not in access.  So, a very brief update:

Work I still really like, at least the front desk, which I do 4 out of 5 days. 

Ferguson and I have been having ups and downs.  Last Thursday, he did this to himself:

I let him out for 30 seconds on his own in the morning, and he came back in with that.  Urgg.  It wasn't horrible, as he wasn't limping at all, and didn't even seem to be aware he was hurt.  However, I took him to work and had a vet tech look at him, and it turned out he did need a couple of stitches.  Luckily, I have an AMAZING discount, so for a local anesthetic, wound clean, bandage, examination, and pain medication, it was all about $44.  Now he just has a bandage, with the sutures needing to be removed a week from Thursday.  Ohhh Ferg. 

While he seems fine and comfortable, I have been limiting his exercise, which has been falling back on his alone training.  He recently learned that the opening and closing of the back door means that we leave (URRRG FERG, COME ON. YOU WERE FINE FOR HOURS WHEN YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW). I'm blaming it on the lack of exercise he's been accustomed to, so he has the energy to sit and worry about it.  Since then, I've practiced just opening and closing the door so he will stop associating it with people leaving. Today is the first day he'll go back to daycare (hopefully they let him go with just a light bandage on it), so I'm hoping that gives him some mental stimulation as well.

As for everything else...I'll just say that I really, REALLY can't wait to get out and move.  My living situation has been a bit smothering lately and makes such things, even like blog updating, difficult to do. 

Until then though, we'll have to hang tight and try to make due.  It sure would help if Ferguson didn't pull any more attempts at April Fool's jokes via medical treatment that lasts two weeks in recovery though.  *sighs*

1 comment:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Hope Ferg's ding heals quickly!