Contributors

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bird Catch




On Saturday, Ferguson and I went to visit our friends in Baltimore. I took him out to their small fenced yard for a potty break, but upon returning to the door, a bird that was maybe a foot away from Ferguson decided to sporadically move and jump in front of his face. Needless to say, the bird, whom we think was maybe learning to fly, will never master that skill.

I was impressed with Ferguson though. He grabbed it instinctively (I mean, come on, it was right in his face), but dropped it immediately and came back to me as soon as he was commanded to. Of course, it was probably too late for the bird, who was maybe still alive but not for long, but I was still pleased that I was able to override his instinctive predator mode as many greyhound sources say is impossible to.

So, good job, Ferguson, even though there was a casualty.


^ The mighty hunter.

No comments: