Contributors

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Terrible Week

I was laid off today.

Something about financial troubles with the new store in Gainesville they've been trying to open.  I also wasn't the only one.

They said they would like to keep my name and information for the future if/when business picks up again in the summer. But...now what do I do?

Not to mention I received a letter from Yarmouth's adoptive family last night.  He got very sick in mid January, and they finally had to put him down.  Yarmouth was the first dog I ever really trained, and my first puppy I raised for Guiding Eyes.  He was only six years old.

Oh, and my pet rat, Chessie, died last night as well.

Can this week get any worse?

My copy of Microsoft Word is also rioting and won't let me update my resume to mail out to dog places like gangbusters.  I guess it will have to wait until tonight...

Urg....somebody save me.

1 comment:

Hiking Hounds said...

Well, that's a huge bummer. :-( I hope something comes up soon. Sorry about Yarmouth and Chessie. That's hard. I used to have ratties too. It was always hard because they have such short lives. Make sure to hug Ferg, he'll help you feel better. :-)