Contributors

Friday, October 7, 2011

We're Gearing Up for DE!

The plan is that Eric, Ferguson, and I will be heading to DE for a Saturday day trip to attend Greyhounds Reach the Beach 2011! Obviously, this will be our first year going, so there will have to be pictures to follow. Ferguson hasn't been the best subject lately while he's recovering (again) from his self-inflicted paw injury.




However, he does seem to be doing better. This weekend should take a fair amount out of him mentally and physically, which he will appreciate after extended boring days around the house. Today though, we were able to walk about 1/2 a mile...just no running. *sighs*

Something I'm considering is registering him in PG County so we could be members of the dog park 1/2 a mile down the road. Admittedly, I really wouldn't use the dog park for letting him play with other dogs (I confess, I'm still wary of them after hearing horror stories, and he gets enough social interaction when he has to come with me to work), but would use it as an open space for him to run. We now frequently walk along the paint branch trail and therefore, go right passed the dog park and find it to be unoccupied most afternoons. While we do have a yard, it's not spacious enough for him to run remotely close to full-speed, and I really do LOVE to watch him run. I'll add this to my to-do list once he is up to par again.

In any case, we're hanging in there. I will have to try my best to not blow *too* much money at GRTB!!!

1 comment:

Nibs said...

I hope his paw bears up for the weekend! Have a lovely time! xx